Sunday, July 5, 2015

C4Ta #3

http://www.speedofcreativity.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/SpeedOfCreativity.jpg


Summary of Teacher's Blog #1-
Wesley Fryer was interviewed by Chris Davis about using media to document classroom learning. Afterward, he asked Chris if he’d be willing to do an interview with him about the podcasting project. Wesley says that it is rare to find other educators as passionate about podcasting. Chris is conducting a series of audio interviews this year for his “Journeys in Podcasting” project, which he is continuing at their school in Bogotá, Colombia.. Chris says that the idea is to find activities, projects, or whatever is going on at their campus and document it, do some research, and then start video casting with professionals beyond. He says that each podcast becomes its own form of research and they try new techniques with each one. Wesley then asks what lessons Chris has learned about the technicality of the podcasts thus far. Chris says that they you have to have a theme or map, a path that you’re chasing after. He then says that every time they record something they put a post it on the wall and analyze that recording.

Comment on Teacher’s Blog #1-
My name is Brittany Slay and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I think podcasting sounds very interesting. Chris’ “Journeys in Podcasting” project seems like it is going to bring a new outlook on using media in the classroom to document learning. I also think it is so neat that they are able to reach teachers and educators around the globe with this idea. This shows how powerful technology can be. Feel free to look at our EDM310 Class Blog and my personal one as well, Brittany Slay, also here is a link to my twitter account, @brittany_vines.

Summary of Teacher’s Blog #2-
This post was about how much he loves sharing videos about space with his students. He shares a few videos that he has found recently that he plans on sharing with his class. One of the videos he shares is actually very interesting, Wanderers. He says that he added these to his STEM curriculum "Curiosity Links" page. I had never heard of this so I thought I would share with you all. It is just a list of links that he finds interesting and wants to save and share later in class to spark and encourage student curiosity.

Comment on Teacher’s Blog #2-
I think these videos are great! I think space is very interesting as well, and there are a lot of fun projects to do with students about space. I will definitely keep these videos in mind when I have students of my own some day.

1 comment:

  1. I have added the links you used to my Delicious account. Thank you.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete