Tuesday, June 2, 2015

How Can You Provide Meaningful Feedback to Your Peers?

     These videos and slideshow taught me a lot about peer editing. I have always been the type of person that never really wanted to call someone out on a mistake or correct them. Peer editing is something I am usually not very good at. These presentations about what it means to be a peer editor showed me the correct way to go about helping people see their mistakes and correcting them. The video, What is Peer Editing?, tells you all of the things you should be looking for. For example, the author's word choice, organization, using details, etc. The slideshow, Peer Edit with Perfection Tutorial, says that three important steps to remember are: compliments, suggestions, and corrections. As a peer editor you do not want to attack the person or their work with mean or hurtful comments, instead, use compliments and then make some suggestions on how they could change or correct their work.

     The video, Writing Peer Review Top Ten Mistakes, was so cute! I love all the names for the students. They described the top ten types of peer reviewers and I would say that they did an excellent job. This shows exactly how to not review someone’s work and I like that it also shows the reaction of the student whose work is being reviewed. This video helps you realize how your actions or words you use while reviewing someone else’s work can really affect them. You really have to follow the three steps (compliment, suggest, and correct), stay positive, and be specific while trying to help a fellow student better their work.
http://cirjab.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/PEER-REVIEW-300x128.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Brittany slay I really loved the way you put your blog together it's very nice. I got a lot out of the video's also. I like the video writing peer review top ten mistakes also.It was funny especially the fake names they give the students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post. I love the way your blog looks. I am going to have to try and pretty my own blog up to compete with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to correct someone in a kind manner. I know that I may not be received, if I don't watch what I saw and know how to say it. I really believe the entire class liked, Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good. Now you can put these things that you have learned into practice as you comment on your classmates' blogs this semester.

    ReplyDelete